Have you heard about Lisbon’s Flea Market in Alfama “Feira da Ladra”? It is one of the most traditional flea markets you will see in this city as it has a big variety of housewares, clothing,antiques and anything you can think of ! Although this time, I managed to find the craziest things I have seen during my short visit to this market and I’m here to show you !
How to visit Feira da Ladra:
When: Tuesday & Saturday 6am-5pm
Where: Campo de Santa Clara, Alfama
How: Tram 28 or by walking
Take our Alfama free walking tour so we can show you how to get there and also learn all about one of Lisbon’s oldest districts!
But in the meantime you can check out the top 15 crazy things I found during my walk to this market on Saturday!
1. Some really creepy dolls waiting for their turn to take a bath in the middle of the street
2. A very old cash machine
3. A really unimpressed joggler
4. Another weird doll with really torn clothes and hands facing up
5. A pair of some really old glasses you can wear for Halloween
6. A really glam pair of sandals cause who wants to be basic these days?
7. Belts made of bicycle tires because everything is recyclable!
8. A collection of some angry Action Men
9. A plastic Tweety trapped in a bird cage
10. A random Italian girl named Carlotta using vintage binoculars
11. A random cute dog also called Carlotta
12. A really happy dwarf that waits to be adopted
13. 500 euro note boxers cause why not?
14. A creepy doll that looks right through your dark soul
15. A pair of vintage pilot glasses – WE ALL NEED ONE IN OUR LIVES!
But really! Would you consider buying any of these things? What is the craziest thing you have ever seen in a flea market?